The foundry is the biggest operation in Kovolit, a.s.
The foundry products are used primarily in the automotive industry. This industry is very dynamic and the foundry must progressively respond to changing market demands. This is one of the reasons why the foundry uses modern moulding technologies which, using vacuum and squeezing, ensure manufacturing precision of complex parts such as oil pumps, air conditioning compressors or gearboxes.
The foundry currently processes primarily the following alloys:
utilizing high-pressure casting, low pressure casting and gravity casting technology.
- aluminium alloys casting through high pressure casting, low pressure casting, gravity casting, vacuum and squeezing
- casting machines Bühler with clamping force from 400 tons up to 1,200 tons
- robots and Wollin equipment for moulds treatment
- vacuum and jet cooling equipment
- Kawasaki and ABB extraction robots
- melting and holding furnaces from 350 kg up to 3,000 kg
- dosing and pot furnaces
- trimming presses of 15 tons up to 65 tons
- Rösler barrel and continuous tumbling equipment
- Rösler barrel and overhead rail blasting equipment
- Maldaner impregnation line for castings
We can produce moulds, chills and trimming tools according to our design in our own tool shop. We also work with moulds and tools supplied by customers.
The quality of castings is verified by checking for compliance with specified dimensions, chemical composition, mechanical properties of materials, internal quality and microstructure using a spectrometer, X-ray and ZEISS and Mitutoyo 3D measuring equipment.