Quality control and environment
The company implements and uses quality control systems pursuant to ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standard to guarantee the quality of processes that have impact on the quality of products and deliveries.
To secure the production quality, the following equipment is used:
- 3D ZEISS Contura G2 measuring instrument,
- 3D ZEISS UMN 850 measuring instrument,
- 3D MITUTOYO Crysta Apex C 574 measuring instrument,
- 3D MITUTOYO Ctrysta +M7106 measuring instrument,
- SURFTEST SJ-401 and SJ-310 surface roughness tester,
- MITUTOYO Con CV3100 digital contour measuring machine,
- Round test RA - 2200
- other communal length measuring equipment mainly by MITUTOYO.
Measuring material mechanical variables:
- ZD 40 tear machine
- Brinell and Rockwell hardness testers
Measuring material chemical composition:
- SPECTRO MAXX optical spectrometer
- Spectrosort optical emission spectrometer
Product internal quality and micro structure control:
- RTG YXLON
- equipment to perform and evaluate metallographic cutting (STANDARD 30 sample pressing-in device, KOMPAKT 1031 + APX 010 grinding and burnishing device, NEOPHOT 32 microscope)
Station to perform calibration checks of the following equipment:
- length measuring instruments
- temperature measuring instruments - HERAEUS furnace thermocells
Kovolit, a.s. is performing their business in accordance with the integrated license pursuant to Act No. 76/2002 Coll. This license makes higher and more strict demands on Kovolit, a.s. in some environmental areas than the relevant law regulations. There are also several internal and external audits being performed annually.
Modern separating equipment for blasters in KOVOLIT, a.s.
The new Rössler blasters installed in the foundry’s surface treatment section are equipped with state-of-the-art blasting dust separators to prevent dust from leaking out of the blaster and thus environmental and occupational air pollution.
The separators use the principle of water separation. Water to be sprayed is sucked from the tank into the rapid flow of air in the chamber via a Venturi tube. This creates a homogeneous cloud of water droplets that wets the dust particles in the air flow. Wetted dust particles are then separated in the next chamber of the separator, on a centrifuge. The cleaned air flow is blown into the chimney via another vortex separator. Flush water and the separated wetted dust settle in the lower part of the chamber and are conveyed to the bags outside the blaster by an output conveying device.
A great advantage in terms of air protection is the fact that there can be no rupture of the filter fabric and consequent leakage of pollutants into the air, as was the case with older types of separators using textile filters.
- specific air pollution sources are operated pursuant to the Atmosphere Protection Act No. 201/2012 Coll
- regular emission measurements
- the aluminium forgery has low-emission technology in place; this technology belongs among the most state-of-the-art solutions and the most protective equipment in the industry
- operation, storage and handling areas on the company premises are isolated to prevent possible soil and groundwater pollution
- the industrial waste waters being produced are drained into a state-of-the-art proprietary waste water treatment plant built in 2014
- the quality of discharged waste water is subject to analysis and checks on regular basis